Cambria presents a new prototype for high-end flexibility
Cambria Hotels, a premium brand franchised by Choice Hotels International Inc., has introduced a new hotel prototype option to accelerate its growth in destinations where guests want to stay and developers want to invest. Designed specifically for secondary and leisure markets, the prototype option will help provide developers the flexibility to build Cambria hotels at a reduced cost, while retaining the sense of space, sense of place and the characteristics of the area. main brand preferred by high-end customers.
“Cambria Hotels is a long-term strategic priority for Choice Hotels, as is reducing the total cost of ownership for our franchisees across our well-segmented brand portfolio. By bringing this goal to the fore, we have created a new prototype option that gives developers more ways to build a hotel in Cambria, which we hope will allow us to rapidly advance the growth of our top brand. upscale, ”said Patrick Pacious, President and CEO of Choice Hotels. . “Cambria has always offered flexibility to owners, and this new prototype with custom design options gives developers the right size Cambria for the right market to maximize their investment, while preserving the key features of the top brand. range that customers love and creating value for owners. “
Building on the strong value proposition that developers expect from the Cambria Hotels brand, the new prototype option offers:
- A Profitable Prototype: The ability to develop hotels in secondary and leisure markets that demand a lower cost per key by reducing square footage in the right places by 20%, while staying true to the high-end brand characteristics desired by customers .
- Operationally efficient: Optimized staffing structure with a reduction in the number of FTEs compared to the current brand requirements, due to the reduction in the number of rooms, public spaces and the housekeeping model at the house. application to improve performance.
- Streamlined catering concept: Good size bar and improved market, with 35% smaller kitchen with programmable vector cooking technology and reduced kitchen staff model.
- A new option to grow with Cambria: opportunity to bring the modern and avant-garde experience of Cambria hotels to over 300 secondary and leisure markets where a significant portion of high-end branded hotels are 15 years or older.
- Flexible Design: Custom Design Options to Build Cambria Hotels in the Right Markets:
- Streamlined structural design at entrance canopy, lobby and path to bedroom.
- Customization that enables locally inspired art and lobby packages, with the ease of 50% computer-aided design drawings and standard furniture, accessories and equipment that dramatically reduce spending on services from design and architecture to complete construction.
- All of the key brand characteristics that customers have come to love about Cambria, and that determine brand preference and value for developers.
“Since the start of 2020, we have increased Cambria’s portfolio by 16% bringing the brand to more urban markets. In fact, the brand has now entered eight of the top 10 markets and 36 of the top 50 in the United States, ”said Janis Cannon, SVP, Premium Brands, Choice Hotels. “As we continue to focus on operational efficiency and increasing owner profitability, we have identified a significant growth opportunity in the secondary and leisure markets that will bring the distinctive Cambria brand names to a clientele. wider in new markets from coast to coast. This new prototype option will help accelerate expansion into those areas where our forward-thinking design experience and premium service will be the best in the business, translating into increased performance for owners.
The new Cambria prototype option will continue to offer the brand features and signature amenities that appeal to modern travelers:
- Tailored sensibility and locally inspired design, reflecting the unique personality of the surrounding community.
- Avant-garde food and beverage concept, featuring freshly prepared food, local craft beer, wine and specialty cocktails. Also has an elevated market for take out options, including a selection of adult drinks like canned cocktails and wine fractions.
- Contemporary, sophisticated and spacious rooms with stylish amenities, abundant lighting and plush bedding.
- Luxurious spa-inspired bathrooms with Bluetooth mirrors.
- Arrival Advantage that gives guests precious minutes through visual directions of their priority needs, allowing them to identify key areas of the hotel, such as the reception and elevator, upon arrival.
- Outdoor spaces for productive work or relaxation.
“The Cambria brand has grown through new construction and adaptive reuse projects, and this new prototype option builds on that with a flexible and cost-effective design for developers in markets that have distribution potential for dramatically grow the existing Cambria customer base, ”said Mark Shalala, SVP, Development, Premium Brands, Choice Hotels. “This new option will be extremely attractive to more developers across multiple segments, applicable to developers focused on midrange, upper midrange and high end projects. Whether it’s a high-end developer looking for opportunities in leisure destinations or a traditionally mid-range developer looking to capture high-end demand in secondary or smaller markets, this option gives developers the ability to customize their project to suit the market and creates opportunities for more owners to grow with Cambria.